sabato 13 febbraio 2010
It's the 13th of February, a day before Valentine's Day and I'm sick like a dog!! I started getting sick mid-week and I had hoped it would go away before Valentine's day, but on the contrary, I'm just getting worse. My husband says it takes 7 days to get rid of a cold, that is if you do or don't take any medicine. Since Isabella still nurses, I cannot take any medicine, that REALLY sucks!! I am the kind of person that believes in the power of medicine, I don't like to feel pain, why should one have to go through it if there are pain killers available? Don't take me wrong, I also don't overdo it with medicine, but unlike my husband, I do take Tylenol when I have a headache. Ok, enough about me and my sickness.
I know I'm not so great at keeping up with this blog, I really do try my best, ok, maybe not my best, but I do try! Being a full time Mommy is an awesome job, there is only one thing I wasn't warned about: babies like to be with you 24/7. My role as a mother has totally taken over my life!! I don't even feel like myself anymore. My husband asked me the other day, "how are you doing?" and I answered, "fine, Izzie ate all her lunch." Not only that, but I've noticed that while I'm brushing my teeth or taking a shower, I am singing in my head the opening song to a cartoon that Izzie likes to watch! I love that Izzie needs me, but I would also love to be myself sometimes, be my husband's wife sometimes, be the housewife sometimes and not just Mommy literally 24/7. Maybe Izzie just needs to grow a little more before she starts being a little more independent? Well, we've decided to help her out a little with that, we placed her play-pen in the living room with her toys in it and positioned to where she can watch her favorite cartoons. She loves it! I love to watch her play and the way she's exercising her legs for she walks from one end of the play-pen to the other, of course hanging on to the siderails, but she's so good! Before we know it she'll be walking. That's one thing I've noticed about Izzie, she is making SO much progress from month to month. At 5 months, she said "mama" and "mom." She was already starting to crawl at that time too. At 6 months, she said "papa" and she crawls with such speed, it's amazing! She sits so perfectly straight and she stands on whatever she can, obviously hanging on to something, but she's more on her legs than on all 4s. She likes to play pretend, when someone coughs, she "coughs" to get your attention too!

Ok, I didn't get to post this on time, so I'll post it even though the month is about to end and it's well past Valentine's day...by the way, it took well over 7 days to get over my cold-flu.

--Mamma Jenn

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi