martedì 23 novembre 2010

I know I have said it many times that I would start weaning Izzie and was never able to do it. Well, a week ago Thursday, I decided to give her a bottle before bedtime and she took it, no questions asked! I was so thrilled!! She's been taking her bottle in the morning and before bedtime and she's nursed for her afternoon nap. I am so thrilled today because it's been over 24 hours that Izzie has not nursed, she's been strictly taking her bottle! She's picky however; she only wants her pink Tommee Tippee bottles with the pretty flower stickers, but I find it sweet that she herself asks for the bottle. We've been weaning her slowly for a week now, this Thursday, Thanksgiving day, it'll be 2 weeks!! I am very proud of her because despite the fact that Mommy is not giving her her "gnum gnum" and it must be hard on her, she's being a real trooper. It takes 3 weeks to get used to doing something, 1 more week to go and hopefully she'll be "gnum gnum"-free. I enjoyed nursing her for 16 months and probably would have nursed her longer, but we're TTC and I don't think it's happening because of me nursing. I don't want to have baby #2 when I'm 40, so I decided it was better to start weaning her slowly and it's working. My main concern was for her not to suffer too much, I'm not one for doing things drastically, while it works for some babies, it definitely doesn't work for Izzie. Slowly but surely is working for us better.

On a different note, this past weekend we had our annual Olive Harvest and it was Izzie's second harvest. She was so cute helping out, I hope that she grows up loving to do this harvest as much as I love it. Of course it'll be different for her since she will have known to do this from the time she was 4 months old whereas I learned to harvest olives when I was 33 years old, big difference!



On the second day of the harvest, she helped outside while I cooked lunch. The part I love the most of the harvest is lunchtime on Sunday. Whomever helps us out is invited to have lunch with the family and we get to chit chat, relax and enjoy each other's company while not working. Bless Izzie's heart, she "worked" all morning long on Sunday and by the time lunch came around, she ate and fell asleep on her high chair, not even the chatting going on woke her up, she was definitely tired!
Until next time!
-Mamma Jenn

1 commenti:

Ashley ha detto...

Your daughter is so cute! My son is very close in age to her. He was born July 24, 2009 and I just weaned him as well. What does your daughter drink? My son drinks whole milk and loves it.

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi