lunedì 2 maggio 2011
Okay, so I know it's been a while since I last blogged. Last time I blogged I was 20 weeks pregnant, in 2 days I'll be 28 weeks pregnant-- 3rd trimester! 7 months pregnant!! Time is flying by, but in a way I feel like it isn't at all. Only when I think about the time left for our baby girl to be born or when I think of when my Mom is supposed to get here then do I freak out. We're looking at 12 weeks for Sophie to be born and 10 weeks for Mom to get here. I do have many things to do before Mom gets here and most importantly before Sophie gets here, not to mention that Izzie is no help at times. At the time being she has an ugly cold, lots of congestion that makes her sleep bad because she coughes so much at night. Hopefully this cold will go away soon and she won't pass it on to either Roberto or myself. We've been on this crazy cycle where each one of us has gotten sick with a cold or flu, this is Izzie's 2nd time, although I am beginning to think that maybe she just never got over her flu to begin with.

On a different note, I'd like to write about this weekend. It was a weekend full of many BREAKING NEWS as many online news sites post. The one I least care about is that on Friday 29th, Prince William and Kate Middleton got married and it seems like the world went crazy watching this wedding. I wasn't invited to the wedding, but I wish them the best. They may not be your everyday common people, but they are people with hearts and sentiments, so I wish their marriage the best. Nothing happened on Saturday April 30th, other than us going grocery shopping and Izzie having fun at some play gym we like to take her to. On Sunday May 1st, we celebrated the beatification of the late Pope John Paul II, now this was an event I really cared for. It was an awesome feeling knowing that 30 kilometers away from my house there were more than 1.5 million people celebrating in unison this beatification. If you're not a Catholic you probably could care less, but as a Catholic, this was an important event. I can imagine the feelings of joy that the Poles felt, it's such an honor for one of theirs to be beatified! Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the entire celebratory mass because I was preparing lunch, I was making lasagna, but I was able to listen to the entire mass since I had the volume to the TV up and loud. Then the news that I found out about this Monday morning, May 2nd is that yesterday May 1st, Osama bin Laden was killed by US military force. President Obama announced the news at midnight Eastern time, so that was 6am Rome time. I have very mixed feelings about this event. Yes, I am glad that there is one less terrorist to worry about, but seriously I don't know that this makes the terrorist war any better. I mean, so Osama was killed, but then there is his #2 man, was he also killed? And let's say #2 gets killed, then there's #3, in other words, it never ends. I don't want to be negative, but it's scary. I see this as a time where the entire world needs to be super alert and a time for prayer. I wouldn't call Osama's death justice, but rather just something that had to be done. I feel that the more people call it justice the more that terrorist group will be upset and want to retaliate. Prayer, prayer, lots of prayer!!!
Well, that was my rambling for this time...I have a sick child that is calling out for Mommy.
Until next time,
Mamma Jenn

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi