venerdì 2 luglio 2010


I haven't posted in the past few days due to lack of time. Right now I am multi-tasking, folding clean clothes, blogging and most importantly preventing Izzie from getting into any trouble. :) I had promised to post pics of the cupcakes with frosting, so here they are, pretty aren't they? In reality it's not a frosting, but a glaze and I made it in two different consistencies. The cupcakes with the candy pearls are more of a glaze and the ones without candy is more of a frosting. I didn't make this glaze from scratch, it was store bought and it's pretty cool because it's a powder that looks like confectioner's sugar and you just add a few tablespoons of water and it's done! The taste is good, it has an orange-y taste. I still want to try the vanilla frosting from scratch and if I have time today, I will bake another batch of 12 and this time with the vanilla frosting. I tell Roberto that making cupcakes is so much fun!! I have found so many yummy cupcake recipes that I want to try when we head back home to Texas, for example, the pina colada cupcake, and yes it does include real rum!! I am going cupcake crazy (in a good way) just trying to perfect the cupcake itself, imagine what will become of me when I try to perfect the frosting!

The other night, Roberto and I watched the movie Julie & Julia or Julia & Julie, I forgot the order of the names. Anyway, the movie reminded me of me because of the Blog and although I am no longer cooking, I am baking cupcakes. I loved the part where Julie is blogging and asks herself "someone is reading this, right? Somebody?" I feel the same exact way! Sometimes I feel like I am only blogging and no one in this crazy overpopulated cyberworld reads my blog. So when I am told by my family or friends that they read my blog, I feel so happy. I used to keep a real diary for the longest time, actually until a few months before Izzie was born. I had planned on starting a new diary once Izzie was born, but yeah, that was only a dream because it sure didn't happen. I had no idea what Motherhood was really like back then, now almost a year later, I have decided that blogging is like keeping a diary anyway, so I am content with my accomplishment. If you read my blog, every now and then can you leave me a comment? It would make me feel even more happy. :)

Izzie's birthday countdown is at 6 days, us leaving to Houston countdown is at 12 days!!
-Mamma Jenn

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi