martedì 8 giugno 2010
Today Izzie turns 11 months!! Yay for Izzie!! She is growing before my eyes and everyday we face a new adventure together. Last night wasn't the kind of adventure I had been looking forward to, but even that disaster we shared. Yesterday before going to bed she had wayyy too much energy and started playing on our bed. To make a long story short, she fell off of our bed. This time she didn't roll off our bed, she literally ran off the bed!! I felt so horrible and scared. Horrible because I didn't get to her on time, and it's obvious as to why I was scared. She cried for about 10-15 minutes straight, nothing could console her, not even Mommy's hugs. After we checked that she had not hurt herself (no bleeding, scratches, or bumps), we could breathe. She soon after fell asleep. I question, does it take for her to fall off of our bed to put her to sleep?? She's incredible, a handful is to say the least, you can't stay upset at her because she smiles at you and she makes you melt. She has so much love to offer and the more love you give her, the more love she shares. She is incredible.
Her Nonno Ugo gave her a surprise 11-month gift, it is a toy cash register that teaches numbers, colors, shapes and sounds both in Italian and English, when she saw it, she immediately smiled, she loved it! Of course like every baby, she immediately started scattering the smaller pieces here and there and Mommy had to go hunting for them. Her Abuelita Lulù on the other hand gave her a baby doll that cries for her bottle. Izzie will have to wait to get her monthly gifts from Abuelita, but time is creeping on us and before you know it we'll be out there! Which reminds me, my hubby was kind enough to remind me that we should start thinking about Izzie's 1st birthday party. I didn't think there was much to think about, we invite the usual people, we just have to set the time, send the invites and he cooks and bakes. I don't think there will be a particular theme or anything, or maybe I should have a flower theme. Izzie loves flowers and a flower cake and/or cupcakes should be easy to make, right?
Besides this birthday party, I need to start a plan on how to move Izzie from our bed to her crib. I am TIRED of her sleeping with us. I acknowledge it was MY fault to begin with, but I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON!!! Before Izzie was born, I used to say that babies belong in their crib and not in bed with the parents. I am still a firm believer in it, I just happened to not do it, this time. Come to think about it, I actually put her in bed with me at the hospital!! She would cry so much that I would put her to sleep next to me and only then would she sleep. At least she slept then because I sure didn't, I was afraid I would roll over her! I didn't start her off in our bed immediately, she would sleep in her crib, but she hated it. At about 5 or 6 months I slowly started sneaking her in our bed, it was soooo much easier for me since I nurse her. Oh and by the way, I feel so proud of me, 11 months and I'm still nursing her!! I'm also getting a little tired of that, but I know I am giving her an awesome gift for she has yet to get sick. Knock on wood, on metal or whatever!! Anyway, there came a time when I started to put her in her crib and let her cry it out, yes the infamous Ferber method that a lot of moms criticize. It was the ONLY way she would go to sleep, luckily for me the most she ever did cry for was 30 minutes and then the following day it went to 15 min then 5 min. Why didn't I continue??!! She started to teeth and at this time, both my hubby and I thought: "Poor baby, she's hurting" and back to our bed she went. Now she completely takes over our bed and she leaves my hubby in one little edge and myself on the opposite little edge of the bed. How can a little body take over and entire bed?!?! She moves a lot too!! Well, I know whom she takes after and her sleeping positions? Yeah, just like her Mommy .
These pics are of us in the hospital, sleeping during the daytime when MY Mommy and hubby were there to take care of us. My sweet Mommy knew I needed to sleep some since I wasn't sleeping at night. Now Izzie is big and it's she whom rolls over us!! I need a plan and quick!!
-Mamma Jenn

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi