sabato 12 giugno 2010
Today is a special "I must blog this" kinda day. My hubby and I decided to start planning Izzie's 1st birthday party. It's not a very easy task for several reasons. One being that Italians definitely do not go party crazy like us Americans that like to have everything that belongs to a theme. Their cartoon character party items are very limited to Mickey Mouse, Cars, Hello Kitty, Winx, Tweety and Winnie-the-Pooh. There isn't a Martha Stewart lady that can guide you on having the "perfect, beautiful AND fun 1st birthday party," so what happens when in a family one of you is American and the other is Italian? You wing it and create your own type of party. We went to THE one party store that exists in a town not so far away from ours and I must say I was impressed with their wide variety. They have a lot of baking supplies which was like heaven for my husband since he will be making Izzie's cake, smash cake and all desserts. One thing I am borrowing from Martha Stewart is her cupcake recipe...I want cupcakes at this party. From all the cartoon characters Izzie likes Pooh bear, so we have opted for the honey-loving bear. We already have the date/time, invite list and menu, so we accomplished a lot today!

Another reason for today being special is because Izzie started "jumpimg" today!! She is sooo adorable!! For the past few days she gets into a tumble position which I joke with her and ask her if she's doing the downward facing dog position. Since she insists in doing that I decided to help her flip. Because I am afraid of hurting her, I lift her body completely and flip her-- boy does she love it! She quickly gets ready for another flip and another one. We only do this on top of our bed and she's aware of that because even if she gets into the tumble position in the living room, she doesn't ask to be flipped. Today besides tumbling she started jumping, well, according to her she is jumping. :) She crouches and then springs her body up and then she turns to look at you with such an excited expression like saying "did you see?" Several times her feet did actually come off the floor a few centimeters, so technically she did Jump! Anyone that sees her walking alone will immediately ask how old she is, they think she's older, instead she's only 11 months but she seems like a year and a half. I am so proud of my baby girl!!
-Mamma Jenn

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi