sabato 26 giugno 2010
...because Mamma Jenn is also making delicious vanilla cupcakes!!
After deciding that I wanted cupcakes for Izzie's first birthday party, I started my search for a good recipe and yes, I have decided to borrow Martha's recipe. Since I have never made cupcakes from scratch here in Italy, I figured I had to try them out at least once before the party...I didn't want to bake my experimental batch the night before. So, I made them praying that the "baking angels" would be by my side while I baked my first batch ever. They turned out delicious!! There is however one or two things that I am going to change to the recipe, just because I'm too much of a perfectionist and although they were good, they weren't perfect. Now I just need to try out a good frosting and I will be done. I will make sure to post pics of the party cupcakes.

On to a different topic...today we went shopping for gifts that we're planning on taking to my nieces and nephew back in Houston and let me tell you that it was exhausting!! My hubby ran out of energy running around afterIzzie everywhere in the mall. She even scared a poor little dog!! At all costs she wanted to pet the dog and the dog was afraid of Izzie. While grocery shopping she would climb on shelves and jump. She has way too much energy!! The only problem is that when she gets tired and wants to be nursed and sleep, she will scream her lungs out loud!!! At that point one has to stop everything and do what she wants or she will continue to sob and scream until she gets what she wants. Daddy may have run out of energy literally running after her, but my arms fell from the weight I carried around while nursing her and she fell asleep. After a long time and my arm almost falling off, I woke her up by placing her on her stroller, she woke up immediately. I was so glad she had woken up, otherwise she would have been woken up by the rain and hail that was falling on the way home. Yes, I did say hail. As I mentioned on my previous post, summer solsistice what? I don't think it's supposed to hail during the summer, or is it?
Right now Izzie is screaming and sobbing, it's time to sleep. Good nite...

-Mamma Jenn

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

About Me

Le mie foto
Jenn R.S.
Roma, Italy
Loving and living life to the fullest for God has blessed me with the most wonderful gifts ever: my husband Roberto, my little girl Isabella Nadine, my 2nd baby whose debut we are waiting for,my family and friends.
Visualizza il mio profilo completo

Traduttore automatico

Lettori fissi